NETI-1 Course Design and Student Engagement
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify ways to increase student motivation.
- Write appropriate learning outcomes and use them to benefit faculty and students.
- Create conditions that help students to develop higher-level thinking skills.
- Adopt diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies as effective teaching tools.
- Design active learning strategies that capture student interest and motivate learning.
- Implement instructional strategies that promote an inclusive environment.
- Use inquiry-based teaching strategies to enhance motivation, increase engagement and promote conceptual understanding.
- Describe common problems encountered early in academic careers and adopt evidence-based strategies to overcome them.