NETI-2 Student Teams and Advanced Student Engagement
Preparing for the Face-to-Face workshop
A reservation discount at the hotel where the workshop is being held is provided to assist in making travel arrangements. However, participants are welcome to stay elsewhere if they choose.
Breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks are provided all workshop days. Workshop participants are on their own for dinners. Most often participants dine with workshop colleagues at nearby restaurants.
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
We’ve found that participants benefit from a brief review of material from NETI-1. It is also very helpful for you to think about your desired higher-level course outcomes to help you get the most from the workshop activities. Participants who have not attended NETI-1, but who believe they are prepared for NETI-2, should review the NETI-1 learning objectives to be properly prepared.
Day 1 Arrive at 8:00 am to register and pick up workshop materials (and eat breakfast).
Day 2 Breakfast is available starting at 8:00.
- Workshop begins promptly at 8:30, please plan your morning accordingly.
- Please plan to stay through the end of Day 2 (3:00 pm); the culminating activity is an important part of the workshop.
WHAT TO BRING
- Materials for a course you will be teaching (especially for a section or topics in a course that you would like to improve):
- complete syllabus
- learning objectives
- sample exam
- sample project assignments (including several homework assignments)
- Outlet access is not guaranteed, bring your battery
- Internet is sometimes unreliable, make sure you can access any materials for the workshop locally